Friday, December 28, 2007

Merry Christmas

CHRISTMAS DAY
Baby Jesus is now in the manger

Notice the pan and spoon in foreground? Daddy wakes the teens...


Kyle enjoys Cooper's new toys

Denny and my mom...carving 101


Redneck wishbone...if you have a 3-way wishbone, you might be a redneck



**************************

CHRISTMAS EVE

Granddad reads the Legend of the Whitetail


Tyler gives Carrie some Christmas Eve LoVe

Carrie taking Cooper to see the Hodo house

Kyle, Tyler, Carrie, and Sarah checking out their booty



**********************************************

As my niece so lovingly wrote in our Christmas card,



'For unto you is born this day in the city of David, a Saviour,
which is Christ the Lord.' Luke 2:11.



I just love this time of year, it all gives me a warm fuzzy. The lights and music, the way people extend a smile or warm greeting, even more so during the holiday. It can seem hectic at times, but I wouldn't trade it for anything! The look on the kids faces (and some of the grown-ups)when they open their gifts is truly priceless! Who can grumble at delicious meals and family gatherings? I love searching for those perfect, yet practical (some not so much) gifts. And guys, Denny will tell you that if you have a daughter that is old enough to drive, it's the bomb this time of year! Just give them the money and your list and you'll be enjoying the holiday in no time. Heck, they'll usually even wrap it for you!


My mom and uncles summed Christmas up perfectly by saying that they were thankful to have enjoyed another year together, in relatively good health. Who could ask for more? I know I am very thankful for family and friends. Be thankful for what you have, and pray for those who have less. Amen. And pass the potatoes!






Pictures to follow, one of us is having technical difficulties, not sure if it's me or the equipment~


will have all this and more from our annual New Year's weekend hunting trip!

3 comments:

Carman said...

Where is the new pet crab...can't wait to read about the Johns family escapades. Now, where are those hippy chips that you promised me????
Carman

Sharon said...

I'm lovin' your blog, Dawn! That is some great reading! Loved the post on the elves...We're missing our elf as well! Keep up the good work!

Anonymous said...

Dawn...good job!! I can't wait to keep up with your family! Love your blog title, too!